Monday, September 2, 2024

TV Recommendations

I know linear TV is kind of dead nowadays, but I am enjoying the current Sunday evening lineup on HBO.  It starts with Industry (also on BBC 2).  People have likened it to Succession, but I don't think it's quite up to that level.  I would actually consider it more of a contemporary This Life with it's depiction of young professionals.  This is it's third season and I've watched it since the start and find it enjoyable and gripping,  And after that we have the documentary series Chimp Crazy.  I've never seen Tiger King, but it is apparently similar to that (same director).  All I know is that this show is weird, compelling and infuriating - making you hate these delusional people who own primates and treat them like children.  At least until they tear somebody's face off...  This show is like watching a car wreck.      

No comments:

Post a Comment