Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Is It Me?

I became somewhat obsessed tonight with the sound of someone playing music quite loudly.  It wasn't really loud enough to disturb me indoors, but I had heard it when I was outside and wondered where it was coming from.  And I couldn't work it out.  I suspect it was the same annoying neighbor opposite the end of my driveway, the one with the loud dune buggies.  I've already had issues with their playing music too loudly - but this wasn't obviously them.  It was really only the bass I could hear, and it could easily have come from someone further away.  I thought about going out for a drive to see if I could further pinpoint the source, but even I knew that was a weird step too far.  But it has got me thinking about the neighborhood.  Has it got noisier, or have I just got more sensitive to noise?  Maybe a bit of both.  All I know is that I have been more frequently disturbed this summer by noise - particularly from the people opposite the end of my driveway.  I have no idea if they have moved in recently, or whether they've always been there - but the buggies are definitely new and very annoying.  It's definitely made me more selective on if and when I have windows open - for fear of being disturbed.  And perhaps their noise has made me a lot more sensitive to other noise.  Or perhaps I just need someone, or something, to focus my ire on at all times - since I apparently don't have the capacity to be content.  Sadly, that is the perfectionist in me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment