Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Cracker Barrel

I've seen a couple of adverts on TV recently for Cracker Barrel - a restaurant chain serving typically southern US fare like biscuits and gravy and country fried steak.  It's somewhere I have been to before a couple of times, but not for a very long time.  I remember it mainly as somewhere where old and morbidly obese Americans go to eat, and the food being reliably bland - though I still wouldn't mind going once in a while.  So why am I writing this blog?  Well, there is the small fact that there isn't a single Cracker Barrel location in the entire state of Washington.  So why the heck are they advertising here?  There aren't even any Cracker Barrels in Oregon either.  From what I can tell, you'd have to travel all the way to Idaho to find the nearest one.  With a lot of restaurant chains struggling and closing locations - including Cracker Barrel - their marketing strategy just seems nonsensical.       

No comments:

Post a Comment