Friday, September 27, 2024

Grand Final

As I write this - just after 9.30 pm local time on Friday night - the AFL Grand Final is about to start.  I've been watching a lot more Australian-rules football than ordinary football or American football.  And I'm sad that this is the last game of the season, and I'll have to wait about 6 months for the new season to start.  The final is between Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions - cannot say I'm a big fan of either, I still haven't settled on which team I support in the league but it won't be either of these.  But this is Australia's version of the Superbowl - complete with big name half-time entertainment (I think it's Katy Perry this year? - who happens to have also done a Superbowl half-time show).  And so I will probably watch the game in it's entirety - though maybe from a recording rather than live.     

No comments:

Post a Comment