Thursday, November 16, 2023

Swag

We used to get loads of swag at work - but this seems to have evaporated over the last few years.  Now we rarely get anything.  I'm not even expecting to get anything at Christmas.  Is this a sign of the times?  Is this a concerted effort to cut costs?  Is this some new approach initiated by upper management?  Whatever the reason, it is very disappointing.  And is not exactly the best way to maintain employee morale.  We should be celebrating a drug approval or positive quarterly financials.  And we used to.  But not anymore.  And what is perhaps more telling is that even when we have a few opportunities to get some cheap swag - think things like pens and post-it notes and the like - I'm not interested.  I used to try to get as many of these as I could, but I no longer care.  I think that says a lot about how I feel about work right now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment