Sunday, November 12, 2023

e-Bay Snipers

A frustrating evening where I got outbid on a load of James Bond trading cards.  Most at the last second, so that you don't have a chance to make a higher bid.  Some comic book seller had acquired somebody else's collection, and was auctioning it all of.  So there was a lot of good stuff to be had - including lots consisting of a load of common cards but also some really nice rare cards in amongst them.  Unfortunately I wasn't the only one to spot these hidden gems.  And there was clearly a sniper, or multiple snipers, with much deeper pockets than me bidding huge amounts on these items at the last possible second (probably with some kind of sniping software).  So of the 13 auctions I was interested in, I only won one.  Admittedly most of these I was only interested in if I could get a good price.  But still, there were several that I really wanted that I didn't get.  Disappointing, but I will persist in filling out my collection at a reasonable price (which is probably still unreasonable to most people!).   

No comments:

Post a Comment