Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Going into the office

I'm still being forced to go into the office 3 days a week.  And I hate it.  So I've set myself a few conditions.  I don't leave for the office until after 9 am at the earliest, when hopefully the morning traffic has eased up.  And I leave no later than 2.30 pm, to avoid the afternoon/evening traffic.  The only exception to this is when it's a nice day.  Then I might go for a long lunchtime walk, and stay in the office until late.  I did this today, but even leaving around 6.30 pm I hit a load of traffic and the commute home was horrendous.  But I don't generally want to stay late if it means driving home in the dark - which is why I hate the clocks going back.  And especially when it's dark and wet.  So unless someone has a problem with my hours in the office, that's the schedule I'm going to try to keep.  At the moment, I'm going into the office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  But I'm thinking of changing that up as well - maybe to Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  Or maybe to no fixed days, so that I can play it according to weather, workload, meetings and my mood.  Ultimately, I'd rather just have the choice of going into the office as much, or as little, as I want - but sadly that's just not an option.   

No comments:

Post a Comment