Sunday, November 19, 2023

60th Anniversary

This week will mark the 60th anniversary of JFK's assassination.  And so there have been lots of documentaries that have aired recently on JFK and the assassination.  And I have watched, or will watch, the best ones.  It's an important, and shocking, historical event.  And it is maybe the defining event of the 60's - certainly to Americans.  Unfortunately, I fear my main knowledge of it is through Oliver Stone's film JFK.  Which is generally debunked by historians.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great film.  Indeed, I think a collector's edition of the film is coming out next month which I'm tempted to get.  But I'd like to get a more accurate understanding of the events that took place - not clouded by the bunch of conspiracies espoused by the film.    

No comments:

Post a Comment