Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Seattle to London

Looks like there is going to be one less airline for me to choose from.  American Airlines has cut it's nonstop flight between Seattle and London for the duration of the winter season, and may not even bring it back for summer.  I don't think I've ever flown this route with American Airlines before - I always go with British Airways, apart from flying Virgin Atlantic one time.  But after years of an increasing choice of carriers to fly home with, this is the first indication that the market may be oversaturated.  And if my company's emphasis on reducing business travel expenses is any indication, perhaps the other tech companies based in Seattle (Amazon, Microsoft, etc.) are also dealing with tighter budgets - no longer making this route so profitable.  So that just leaves British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Delta left.  If you're reading this British Airways (unlikely) - if you upgrade me on my Christmas flights, then I promise to fly with you every time.          

No comments:

Post a Comment