Thursday, January 13, 2022

Omicron

For some reason, I keep on wanting to say Omnicron instead of Omicron.  Apparently I'm not the only one, because all the results from a Google search on Omnicron are to do with Omicron.  I'm shocked that online journalists don't spellcheck.  Just heard today that there was another positive case from someone who went into the office last week.  This is why I'm still working remotely full-time.  I think my best chance of catching something is when I go to Walmart - the number of people who shop or work there and who are incapable of wearing a mask over their nose, or even their mouth, or even at all, is shocking.  I give them a really wide berth, and they look really angry so you get the feeling that they would put up a fight if someone challenged them about not wearing a mask properly, or at all.  I've started to feel somehow tarnished coming out of Walmart - so I'm not sure how often I'll be going there in the next few months.  Not that I can get everything I want right now - as the shelves at Walmart, and other supermarkets, are particularly empty right now.  Blame supply chain issues, blame staffing shortages due to the number of employees calling in sick, blame the weather - but it's almost as bad as when people were panic buying.  This feels like the end of times.  Again.        

No comments:

Post a Comment