Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Tennis Prediction

I'm currently sitting typing this with the Australian Open on in the background - I'm not quite going for the full Australian experience by drinking some Fosters, but I am munching on some Tim Tams.  But as I'm watching the tennis and with British hopes in the tournament having long been extinguished - I have a prediction.  A possibly controversial prediction.  But I predict that Emma Raducanu will never win another major.  Her US Open win as a qualifier was one of those freakish sporting occurrences that come along once in a lifetime - not unlike Leicester winning the Premier League.  And in much the same way that there is no way in hell that Leicester will win the league again, I don't think Raducanu will ever win a major again.  I'll gladly be proven wrong, but that's what I believe.  Especially in women's tennis, where you seem to get this constant turnaround of young predominantly Eastern European players who I've never heard of coming to the fore.  And speaking of tennis, isn't it wonderful what Djokovic went through and that he was finally deported.  I don't wish well on any prominent athlete who refuses to get vaccinated.  So it was also wonderful to see the Green Bay Packers lose their playoff game today - their QB Aaron Rodgers is also a prominent anti-vaxxer.      

No comments:

Post a Comment