Saturday, January 1, 2022

More Animal Tracks

Well, disappointingly, the new year has started in very much the same way as the old year - I'm still unable to take my car out.  I'm fed up with feeling so trapped and isolated for this long now.  The temperature got all the way up to freezing today - so absolutely no sign yet of the snow and ice melting away.  I think tomorrow is going to be a big day - temperatures are supposed to get above freezing and there is going to be a lot of rain, so let's see if that helps clear my driveway.  I've cleared all the snow off it today, so only need to get rid of that surface ice layer.  I've got a little bit of ice remover left over from previous snowstorms, so I need to apply that tomorrow.  If that doesn't work, then I think I'm going to have to take up my landlord's offer to take me to the store!  In the meantime, I found a few more animal tracks over the last week.


I don't know what the first one is (maybe a pair of deer?), but let's take a closer look at that second track that was going up my driveway:

That sure looks like a paw pattern - is this the elusive coyote?  I hope so.  I wish I was a better animal tracking expert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment