Saturday, January 8, 2022

Cricket and Tennis

I was just thinking to myself that I'm glad I'm not a cricket fan, as we don't see to be doing very well in Australia.  As I write this, it looks like we're hanging on for a draw in the 4th Test.  When already 0-3 down in the series.  And that is perhaps the highlight of the tour for England.  Sad.  Though I still expect an inevitable batting collapse and defeat.  But if you need cheering up, then you just need to remind yourself about what Djokovic is going through.  They say Djokovic is a divisive figure - I think it's fair to say that I don't like the guy.  And that is even before he came out as openly against vaccination.  I hope he gets sent home from Australia - he won't be missed.  But I fear he'll finagle his way into competing, and probably winning, the Australian Open - as much as I hate him as a person, I concede that he is an exceptional tennis player.        

No comments:

Post a Comment