Sunday, January 16, 2022

MLK Day

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but I so wish that Martin Luther King Jr had been born in a summer month rather than mid-January.  His birthday is a bank holiday tomorrow, and it's a holiday that sneaks up on you because it's so soon after Christmas/New Year.  To the extent that it's easy to forgot about it - as I did until the end of last week.  So naturally I've got nothing planned to make the most of it.  What a waste.  But it's also a holiday that not all companies recognize as a day off - I don't think I did until the last few years.  In the future, it's quite tempting to take time off after Christmas rather than before Christmas to make the most of company holidays - that's definitely some food for thought.       

No comments:

Post a Comment