Friday, January 14, 2022

German Supermarkets

It's extremely disappointing that despite both Lidl and especially Aldi expanding their presence in the US, neither of them have any stores in the Pacific Northwest.  Nor, as far as I'm aware, do they have any plans to open any stores here.  So I'm going to be stuck with the same crappy choices here for quite some time.  There's very few things that I enjoyed from my brief time in Texas, but H-E-B - the biggest grocery chain there, and a chain that is recognized as one of the best in the US - is one that I do miss.  Sadly, we'll never see any of the UK chains here.  Tesco tried with their US subsidiary - Fresh & Easy.  Though I quite enjoyed shopping there when they had some stores in California, it proved to be a massive flop and all their stores quickly closed without turning a profit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment