Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Yardlife

I didn't hear any crows at all this morning - perhaps because it wasn't sunny - but that didn't stop me waking up at sunrise, because we had a power outage late last night (very strange, it wasn't like it was very windy or any other extreme weather going on) and I was worried about that (eventually it did come on again later in the morning, thank god otherwise I might have had to go into the office).  I have no doubts that the crows will come back to torment me again sooner or later, and even when they're not there now I'm imagining I can hear them.  Jeez.  But I've been able to spend more time assessing the hummingbirds - they're not shy about feeding from the feeder even if I'm sitting or standing really close by.  And they are a pair of Anna's Hummingbirds - a male one with a gorgeous pink face and a more green metallic looking female.  Hopefully they are a breeding pair - would love to see some baby hummingbirds.  And talking about babies, look at what I saw on my yard as I was leaving my driveway at lunchtime:

Yep, that ugly looking creature is a baby possum.  I had seen some broken bird eggs on that part of the yard just a few days earlier, so now I think I know who caused that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment