Monday, May 31, 2021

Hankerings

My current hankering - some decent fish 'n' chips.  There's plenty of places that do fish 'n' chips here, but they're nowhere near as good as what you get at any half decent takeaway in the UK.  The chips are generally more like fries rather than proper chips, which is a real disappointment.  And the fish isn't the same - more like fish fingers (or fish sticks, as they like to call them here) rather than fried with a delicious batter.  I think I'm going to try some from a local Irish restaurant this week - they got good online reviews.  However, just by looking at a photo of them I can tell that they're not going to entirely satisfy my craving.  But they will have to do, at least until I'm next back in the UK (who knows when that will be...).    

No comments:

Post a Comment