Saturday, May 29, 2021

Season End

I watched the Champion's League final today - can't say I'm particularly happy that Chelsea won, but quite hilarious how flat Manchester City's performance was.  At least this game was a lot more watchable than the Europa League final, which despite the epic penalty shootout was an absolutely turgid game.  The Big 6 can suck it.  I fear these kind of uninspiring performances by English club teams, and particularly the English players in these teams, are going to be similar to the uninspiring performance by our national side in the upcoming European Championship.  I can't say I'm in any way excited by this competition - I'm not even anxious, I just don't really care.  It's less than 2 weeks until the tournament starts, and I don't think I've seen any promos for it here yet.  I'm not even sure what channel it's going to be on.  Hopefully it's not all on a streaming platform that I don't subscribe to (like ESPN+), as the games will make for perfect background telly during the day while I'm working from home.       

No comments:

Post a Comment