Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Under Pressure

I've not been feeling great for the last few weeks, and I think it's due to suffering from elevated blood pressure.  I e-mailed my clinic, and got an appointment yesterday.  So I went in and got checked out and they agreed that my symptoms - notably, I've been suffering from a lingering headache, which among other things has caused a lot of sleepless nights recently - is probably due to my blood pressure, so I asked if I could switch up my blood pressure medication.  As we were checking my current medication, I was shocked by the realization that I was not taking the correct medication since my last appointment (which was, I think, all the way back in January).  I was under the distinct impression that I was only supposed to be taking one new medication, but apparently I was also supposed to continue taking one of the other medications that I had stopped taking.  No wonder my blood pressure has sky rocketed.  And also confirmed my fears about the competency of my doctor - this was a potentially serious miscommunication - so time to find a new doctor.  But hopefully now that I'm taking the right medication that I might actually start to feel a bit better.   

No comments:

Post a Comment