Tuesday, May 4, 2021

2nd Dose

I am fully vaccinated!  Well, strictly speaking, I will be fully vaccinated in 2 weeks time once the microchips and whatever alien technology they've included in the vaccine have had a chance to do their thing.  A bit too early to tell whether I'm experiencing any side affects.  I feel awful today, but I felt awful before I got the injection so I can't blame it on that.  The main reaction from my first dose was a sore arm for a few days, but I also experienced a bit of fatigue.  Let's see how I feel tomorrow.  It would definitely be a bad time to experience a worse bout of fatigue - I am quite busy with work this week.  It seemed like the vaccination site was a bit busier this time than it was last time.  This was surprising - I just got an e-mail from them yesterday saying that they had about 7000 free appointments over the next week.  Generally, I think the urgency to get vaccinated has evaporated here in the US - the people most susceptible to the virus have already got vaccinated, and everyone else is indifferent to it (or, for a large population of the US, will refuse to get vaccinated for "political" reasons).  It will be interesting to see how long it will take for the infection rates to come down to a safe level.  I fear it could be a lot longer than they hope, unless they come up with a better strategy for dealing with these holdouts.         

No comments:

Post a Comment