Friday, May 28, 2021

No Masks

I went to Walmart yesterday, and it was the first store I've been to in over a year without a mask mandate - and it was totally unsettling.  I'd say about 1/2 the people wore masks (including me, even though I'm fully vaccinated) and the other 1/2 did not.  And there is NO way that all those people who weren't wearing masks were fully vaccinated.  Absolutely no way.  This is the same Walmart where I've actually seen people wearing "Make America Great Again" baseball caps, so these are the same people who are bound to be anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers.  So this makes my wearing a mask totally redundant - no matter the false sense of protection that I feel it gives me.  It will take a lot of getting used to - and I doubt I will stop wearing my mask inside any indoor space open to the non-mask wearing public just yet - but is definitely a positive sign for our gradual return to "normality".   

No comments:

Post a Comment