Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Viking

I watch a lot of British dramas, particularly British costume dramas, if they happen to air on American network TV.  And let's just say that the demographic for these shows tends to skew on the older side.  Which means the advertising also skews on the older side.  So as much fast-forwarding as I do I still catch an unhealthy number of adverts for things like Viking River Cruises.  And something really struck me about this particular advert.  You are trying to sell me going on a cruise on a river, yet every single shot in the advert is aerial.  So you see all these great panoramic shots of these beautiful European cities from the air, but in reality you will never ever see these shots from the ground, and certainly not from the river.  It's not like there aren't beautiful shots to be had from the water - so it just seemed like a very odd choice.  I just wanted to get this off my chest.   

1 comment: