Friday, May 22, 2020

Doctor Doctor

Whilst I've been very happy with my dentist experience recently, my doctor experience remains very suspect.  Compare how we're treated on arrival - the dentistry has one of those flashy infrared thermometers (I need to get one of these) to check your temperature on arrival, whereas the doctor's office had just some guy on the door asking if you had any virus symptoms and then giving you a sticker and a face mask.   It's definitely a step down.  And then you have the transparency of costs.  The dentistry has been really clear about what I'm paying and what my insurance is paying.  Whereas I have no idea where I stand with my doctor, apart from the $25 co-pay.  For example, today I had labs done (to check whether my potassium level is still low) and an x-ray on my ankle - and I have no idea how much these cost and the exorbitant amount I'm going to end up having to pay out of my own pocket.  The American health care system really is an absolute rip-off.  The good news - my blood pressure is very much under control, despite the various stresses I am under.  I've even lost some weight as well despite being stuck at home so much, especially over the last couple of weeks.  The bad news - I have a small possible avulsion fracture in my foot.  Fortunately not bad enough to require a boot or anything - but will take a while to heal.  I'm glad it was something, and not my imagination - because my foot has been getting better but not feeling quite right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment