Saturday, May 2, 2020

Accident

Today was looking to be extremely uneventful.  It was raining all day, so just stayed in performing chores, watching TV, and really not doing much of anything.  Then that changed this evening when, and there is no easy way of sugarcoating this, I fell down my stairs.  Apart from a swollen ankle - I don't think I have any injuries.  Just a bit of shock when it happened, a major feeling of embarrassment (even though it's only me here) and a mental note to be a bit more careful going upstairs and downstairs.  This is the kind of thing that should happen to someone twice my age, so yes it sucks.  Good grief, do I need to get one of those personal alarms for the next time I fall over?  I guess I should be grateful that it happened at the bottom of my stairs, so wasn't exactly tumbling downstairs movie-style and getting more seriously injured.  Hopefully my ankle will get better soon - because now I really am stuck in the house for at least a few more days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment