Thursday, May 7, 2020

Better Call Saul

I haven't done a film review for a while, but I seem to go through phases of how I pass my time in the current situation - sometimes its through films, sometimes its through video games, and currently it is through TV shows.  I've just finished watching the latest season of Better Call Saul.  And quite simply it is brilliant.  A classic slow build it has great cinematography, great character development and had me on the edge of my seat throughout (I think I watched the last 3 episodes of the series consecutively without breathing).  I was, and am, a big fan of Breaking Bad, and I was skeptical that this prequel would be any good.  But with many of the same people involved, I should have trusted that it would be.  And it is indeed high quality and classy stuff.  Recommended.  I look forward to the last season (I have no Game of Thrones fear about this show's finale), but utterly dread what will happen to Kim who is not even mentioned in Breaking Bad.   

No comments:

Post a Comment