Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Crown

So now that non-urgent dental care is permitted, I was able to go to the dentist today.  And now I possess a temporary crown, and have to be careful about what I eat for the next couple of weeks until I get my permanent crown fitted.  What does this mean?  Avoiding sticky foods (so I shouldn't have any multivitamin gummys), avoiding hard or crunchy foods (no nuts or crisps, and - this might be tough - frozen pizza) and awkwardly chewing food on just the one side of my mouth.  It was also recommended I get a soft-bristled toothbrush - something I currently avoid as a very vigorous brusher.  I also got advice on how to floss to avoid loosening the crown - but since I don't floss, and have never flossed, that fell on deaf ears.  The procedure itself was fine - not as bad as the root canal, but I think my nitrous oxide level was lower as I was more conscious of what was going on and a lot more conscious about my breathing and swallowing.   I was thinking of how to make some analogy between temporary/permanent crowns in my mouth and in online Mario Kart, but I couldn't come up with something suitably derogatory about my regular competitors in Mario Kart.   

No comments:

Post a Comment