Friday, May 15, 2020

Too much telly

An update on my viewing habits.  Still watching a lot of British police/detective procedurals – including Inspector Morse, Prime Suspect (now up to Prime Suspect 3, which features a bunch of well-known actors I’ve seen in other things – Doctor Who (in drag!), The Demon Headmaster, Merlin, Remus Lupin, Mance Rayder, Sick Boy), and now also Line of Duty (which is really good so far – don’t know how I’ve previously overlooked this show).  My DVR doesn’t get much use during the week when the number of decent network shows seems to be in serious decline (I guess partly a result of shows shutting down due to the virus, but I suspect also a general decline in quality as the best shows now appear on streaming services), but still a bunch of ones getting recorded on Sunday (including new additions like I Know This Much Is True, Snowpiercer, Killing Eve Season 3, Billions Season 5, Penny Dreadful: City of Angels, Run, What We Do In The Shadows Season 2).  But nothing that I would really classify as must-see television, so I am getting closer and closer to cutting the cord – which I think is something I’m going to inevitably do sooner or later anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment