Saturday, May 9, 2020

Pasty Gams

I think this is the first day of the year I'm wearing shorts.  Not a sight for sore eyes.  I went out for a walk this afternoon, and didn't encounter as many other walkers as I'm used to.  Was it because I went out at the hottest time of the day (getting up towards 30 Celsius)?  Was it because it's American Mother's Day tomorrow, so can expect to see a lot more people outside then?  Or, as I suspect, was it because all the parks were reopened this week?  On a weekend like this, and because they've been closed for so long, I bet the more popular parks were absolutely packed today.  And I bet there was absolutely no 6 ft social distancing going on.  I want to do a coastal hike - but I won't do it until my ankle is back to full strength, and I'll only go during the week and early.  It'll probably be a couple of months until we get weather like this weekend again, but I can wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment