Thursday, May 28, 2020

Hard Work

Today was the first of 2 very long days at work.  And of course when I say "at work", I mean "at home doing work".  And more accurately, "at home waiting to see if I need to do any work".  Because we are currently practicing some high level meetings with the FDA covering a submission I've been involved with - we don't even know if or when this meeting will actually take place, but it might be necessary in order to secure approval of our drug.  Of course, I am nowhere near at a high enough level to actually attend the meeting - they are all vice presidents and executives.  I am not even part of the backroom - which is full of departmental heads.  No, I am part of the backroom support staff.  So if we get any questions during the meeting that need addressing and covers my particular area of expertise, then I have to be available and prepared to quickly program some outputs that can then be used.  Which means getting up early (these meetings start at 8 am), and sitting around on the off chance that something comes up - nothing has yet.  But if it does, then that means some serious pressure to turnaround a response.  Kind of interesting to see how the work I've done fits in the bigger picture - it is really just a very small part - but this is the kind of thing you put on your CV.     

No comments:

Post a Comment