Sunday, May 10, 2020

Minor ailments

In these times, the most minor of ailments can generate the most major amount of concern.  My ankle continues to nag me - and now I'm convinced that I have something more than just an ankle sprain, like a broken foot.  I'm probably over-reacting, but I have a scheduled doctor's appointment for my blood pressure next week (another long term worry - and I don't think the current world situation is doing that any favors), so I think I will ask the doctor to take a look at my ankle/foot as well.  Sleep is a problem at the moment as well - I'm not sleeping well, the quality of sleep is poor, and I'm nowhere near the recommended 8 hours a night.  A new minor ailment that afflicted me this past week is tinnitus.  Is that also stress-related?  It's a new one on me.  Fortunately these all seem virus-adjacent rather than any actual symptoms.  I would be curious to take an antibody test to see if I have already been infected.  I don't think so, but you never know - I haven't had a cough or shortness of breath, but I have had a sore throat and congestion.  Is that just allergies, a simple cold, or something more?

No comments:

Post a Comment