Sunday, March 31, 2019

Cherry Blossoms

Local cherry blossoms reached peak bloom this weekend - and the most "famous" place to see them round here is on the University of Washington campus (the cherry blossoms even have their own twitter feed, plus a live cam!).  So I went for long lunchtime walk from work on Friday to see them (about a 45 minute walk away) - jeez was it busy.  Even with it being a weekday and during the spring break, so many people - kind of ruined the experience, which is a shame because the many blooming trees in the same quad was definitely very pretty.  With the nice weather over the weekend, I bet the crowds were absolutely horrendous.  I did take some photos, but not convinced they are particularly good and I haven't had a chance to go through them yet - I'll aim to add some to this entry sometime later in the week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment