Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Citizenship

My green card expires in a few years' time, but I don't think it would be an issue to renew it for another 10 years.  But I have been giving some more thought to becoming a US citizen.  Or more specifically, as my internet research seems to tell me, I could become a dual citizen - so I could get American citizenship but I wouldn't need to give up my UK passport.  This would seem to be ideal.  But as with all these things, the application is a long and bureaucratic process.  And I would have to pass an English test (which I hope I would pass!) and a civics test (which I probably wouldn't pass right now not having done any studying on US history and government).  I was having a look at the online form, and some of the questions are as ridiculous as when I applied for the green card in the first place.


No, I have not worked for the German Nazi government between 1933 and 1945 (and I find it hard to believe that someone who did would be applying for American citizenship now!)


And no, I have never been a "habitual drunkard" (seriously, would someone actually answer yes to this?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment