Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Wait, what, is some country music good?

Well I thought this was impossible, but is there a modern country music star whose music I actually like?  Listen to this:


Not bad right?!  Naturally, the lines between country, soul and blues are very blurred in this instance – but I’ve been listening to some other songs from this guy and I like them (or at least I like his voice singing them).  And the last week is the first time I’ve ever actually heard of him or heard any of his songs – the first time I heard the audio above, I actually thought it was some classic country tune from the 70’s or something.  Not from 2015.  Mind you, it is probably a cover of a song that was written back then – but that doesn’t stop me enjoying it.  Next thing you’ll know, I’ll be wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. First thing I heard when I listened to it was that it sounds very similar to I'd rather go blind by Etta James. Turns out I'm not the only one:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/3rtthb/chris_stapletons_tennessee_whiskey_is_almost_note/

    ReplyDelete