Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Floor Warden

With staff turnover, my section of the office is currently without a floor warden.  So we all got sent an e-mail looking for volunteers, with a $75 cash incentive to take on the role.  Tempting – it’s not exactly a demanding role, with some basic training and maybe 1 or 2 drills per year when you have to hold up a flag and account for everyone in your section during an evacuation drill.  The only problem – I don’t know everybody in my section.  Indeed, if I look at the list of people then there are several people who I have never even heard of before.  This, along with the increased emphasis on flextime and working from home, makes it almost impossible to accurately account for everyone during a drill.  So nope, I shall not be volunteering.  I see nothing but trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment