Sunday, March 3, 2019

Paine Field

In a welcome development, a new airport near me is starting commercial services tomorrow - called Paine Field (PAE) or Snohomish County Airport.  It's based in Everett, north of Seattle and north of where I live (which is also in Snohomish County!), and is hell of a closer and easier for me to get to than Seattle's main airport south of the city.  It was supposed to open earlier this year, but got delayed thanks to Trump's government shutdown.  It's not exactly a big airport - doing something like 25 flights a day, and absolutely nothing international.  But if I want to fly to a west coast destination - then it is definitely a viable alternative.  I was looking at prices to San Diego the other day, and it was really cheap.  Tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment