Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Showers

My recent trip back to the UK has reminded me of a few things that I miss – notably food, friends and family – but also one quite innocuous thing.  A decent shower.  My current shower is perfectly adequate – and, surprisingly for an American shower, is handheld which is definitely my preference for optimal showering.  But nothing beats a good powerful shower with high water pressure and perfect temperature control.  And that is something I experienced and appreciated a lot in my trip back – and heightened my awareness of the fact that my shower here is lacking ideal water pressure.  A good long shower can be really soothing and relaxing if the pressure is high enough to make it feel like a decent massage – and I miss that.  I don’t know if fitting a better shower head might make a difference, but that might be something I need to investigate.  Simple pleasures for simple people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment