Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Air Pollution

Still horrible air quality here.  This is the view from the Space Needle webcam today:


Without the smoke, it would be a clear cloudless day and you should be able to see Mount Rainier looming over Seattle in the background.  As it is, you can’t even see beyond the downtown skyscrapers.

And this is a photo of the Space Needle from the Lake Union shoreline near where I work.  You can hardly see it.  That is not good.


I read that we are currently experiencing air pollution twice as bad as Beijing.  Yikes.  I hope it clears up by the weekend, as I need to get out and do some hiking.  A quick check of my weather app shows a weekend forecast of cloud and showers.  That sounds a lot more typical, if also quite disappointing, for the Pacific Northwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment