Saturday, August 11, 2018

Bath Skyline Walk

It wasn't easy, but I did it.  I completed the Bath Skyline Walk this morning whilst it was still sunny - or at least relatively sunny by the end of the walk.  I got up at 6 am, and was out of the door by 6.15 am.  This is when it got tough.  The start of the trail was described as "being a short stroll from Bath city centre".  What it neglected to mention was that this short stroll (25 minutes?) was entirely uphill.  So by the time I got to the start of the trail, I was utterly exhausted and already prepared to give up.  But no, I had got up early for this and I was going to persevere no matter what.  So I got on with it, and completed the 6 mile circular walk.  It had many ups and downs (and I started to dread seeing the word "steep" appearing in the directions), but actually once you got past the initial uphill burst it wasn't as bad as I feared (perhaps my sore legs will disagree tomorrow!).  At one point I had to cross a field with cows in it, but when I approached one of the cows (maybe even a bull?) it started to make noises and lower it's head and stamp with it's front legs as if it was about to charge me. Thank god I wasn't wearing any red!  But I managed to carefully and slowly edge my way round the cow, no harm done.  The walk was actually a good one - through meadows, woods and valleys, with various spectacular views looking down on Bath.  Recommended.






No comments:

Post a Comment