Tuesday, August 7, 2018

London Zoo

Another long day out with my sister, nephew and niece - today to London Zoo.  Definitely a worthy trip to make with kids, they seemed to have a good time despite the temperature.  Maybe not ideal to go in the blazing heat like today, especially combined with enduring public transport to get there and another day involving lots of walking around after one yesterday - we were all flagging by the end of the day, even me although I do a fraction of the work of a parent.  But plenty of animals to see, even if they're hidden away in the shadows.  What is nice is that not all the animals are hidden behind glass or cages, there are a few areas where you can actually share a space with spiders, butterflies, a sloth, or monkeys without any barriers.  That's a nice touch.  I think the last zoo I went to was probably San Diego Zoo - which is generally acknowledged as one of the world's best - but even if London Zoo is one of the oldest, perhaps the oldest, zoo in the world, it is still a worthy excursion.  I didn't take many photos today, but here are a couple:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment