Thursday, August 16, 2018

British Airways

More like, British Airnoways.  I'm so funny.  Nope, my flight back to the US was a nightmare.  No upgrade, a security check on the UK side, and a remarkable number of toddlers in just the premium economy section of my plane - including me having to share the 4 middle aisle seats with some parents and their 2 year-old.  Not annoying at all.  So that is probably my last flight ever with British Airways - I'll try someone else next time.  But I survived and I'm home now.  US immigration was surprisingly quick - as a permanent resident holder, I was able to enter the queue with the other US passport holders, and scan your passport (or in my case my green card), scan your fingerprints, the machine takes a photo of you, and you're done.  I don't know what it's like if you have to go in the other queue.  Had a bit of a surprise when I got home - found that my front door window panes were all cracked.  Was worried that someone had tried to break in - but I think it might actually have been a stone or something that cracked the window when my landlord or his son were doing the mowing.  Nothing seems to be missing anyway!  God knows what else had happened whilst I was away - my hose wasn't where I left it, I found a cigarette butt in my driveway, and my wind chime was on the ground and in pieces.  Weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment