Wednesday, August 8, 2018

England shirt

Perhaps if England had flopped in the World Cup, it would be easy to get an England shirt from a high street shop.  Perhaps then I wouldn't even want to get one.  As it is, I want one and it is not easy to get - there was frustratingly nothing in the high street shops we looked in today, perhaps the stock has been exhausted due to the unexpected progress of the team.  And I feel quite naive for expecting there would be stock - even now, some time after the tournament has finished.  A quick check online reveals some options but not many.  It's almost simpler to order something once I'm back in the US - which I probably will.  Let's hope I have better luck in getting an England rugby top - something I plan to do in Bath, since rugby has a much higher profile there.  I also wouldn't mind getting a Palace top - but again that might also be just as easy to order once I'm back in the US.  Jeez, what a global and online economy we live in now (let's hope it survives Brexit and Trump tariffs). 

No comments:

Post a Comment