Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Regrets

I have many, many regrets – and unfortunately I am prone to dwelling on them.  I always like to wonder what kind of life I would be living now if I had made a different choice at those various forks in my life path.  Or even if fate had intervened differently in my life to create new or different opportunities.  My personal and professional life could be so much different, maybe worse but probably better.  I like to think that in many of those infinite ever-so-slightly different parallel universes, I am living a much happier, more satisfying, more fulfilling life.  Or perhaps not – maybe I should be more appreciative of my current status and how relatively comfortable my life has been so far.  Unfortunately, I am prone to mood swings and I am definitely on a bit of a downer at the moment.  Disappointed with my career and profession – stemming from an education that I kind of regret because it was based more on what I was good at rather than what I might actually enjoy.  And disappointed with my personal life – missed opportunities and a feeling that I’ve kind of retreated into my shell and settled for my lonely existence.  Not healthy thoughts.  A mid-life crisis?  Nope, just more of the same.  As one of the 350 million people worldwide who suffer from depression, these are not untypical feelings to have.  I don’t want your sympathy, just your empathy.      

No comments:

Post a Comment