Saturday, May 27, 2017

Smoke

I thought that by moving house that I would escape the smell of smoke on sunny evenings.  I guess not.  In my old place, both the apartments below me had BBQ sets that would send smoke rising up and stinking out my apartment.  So, moving to a detached house - I thought and hoped one less thing to bother me.  But no.  Instead, now one of my neighbors (I think maybe even my landlord, or at least his son) has been having bonfires over the last 2/3 evenings/nights and has stank out my new home with the smoke from that.  The first time it happened, I woke up early Friday to the smell of smoke - and I wondered round my place worried that it was something of mine causing the smell.  But it wasn't, and as I write this I've had to go round shutting all my windows because of the smell of smoke again.  Disappointing, especially since my new place gets super hot when it's a sunny and hot day because it is over-exposed to sunlight, so it seems I have another uncomfortably warm night of restless sleep to look forward to.

2 comments:

  1. You should have come to lake Chelan. Perfect weather. The only smoke here is from the BBQ we had last night. Steaks. Sausages. Veggies and fruits. Today is hiking in the surrounding mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention the other smoke last night. Besides the BBQ smoke, there was the fresh aroma of some high quality weed being smoked on the patio below us, even Hong knew what the smoke was from.

    ReplyDelete