Thursday, May 18, 2017

Trivia

In a rare social event at work that I was quite keen to participate in, a trivia happy hour was held today.  And it was enjoyable – the teams were random, so had the opportunity to chat with a few people I don’t normally interact with over a few beers on a workday afternoon.  And then show off some random logic and knowhow (I’m a useful asset on an American quiz team because the few remaining nuggets of facts and knowledge that I possess are somewhat different to the typical American).  We came in second, 1 point off the eventual winners.  Close, but no cigar – I don’t think there was anything I really messed up on, other than getting Galapagos Islands and Easter Islands mixed up.  A not bad result, considering the people here are generally going to be much cleverer and knowledgeable than Joe Public in a normal pub quiz.  And it was interesting that there wasn’t a single other member of my department at the quiz – says a lot about how little I have in common with my Chinese colleagues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment