Friday, May 12, 2017

Work Moan

Stunningly disgruntled with work today.  I just don’t gel at all with my manager, her management style and her philosophy.  I thought I could stick it out – I’m not sure if I can.  I think I’m going to ask for a 1 to 1 with her manager, and voice some of my concerns and ultimately ask to move group.  I feel mismanaged, misutilized, underutilized and generally very unhappy with my standing, status and responsibilities.  I don’t want to work with someone who is overly controlling and micromanaging, since with my abilities and experience I should have earned the respect to do my work independently and in the way I want to (which is not compatible with the way she wants to – for example, I am sick to death of attending loads of useless meetings).  When she asks what we can do to improve efficiencies, all I want to do is respond by saying the inefficiency is her since every single decision has to be run by and made by her.  It’s tough – it makes for a horrible environment to work in, I feel uninformed and unimportant, and I’ve been given next to no opportunities to prove my worth.    I just don’t think she gets me – and has made little effort to get to know me and get the most out of me.  I was hoping by now that our company would have made some big merger or acquisition, and I would have used that as an excuse to request a transfer into a different therapeutic area – at least you know I might then be working on something with some importance and value.  Instead, I’m just withering away here – only getting increasingly depressed, demotivated and discouraged with my job.  That is simply not healthy, and I’m not sure how much more I can endure…  

No comments:

Post a Comment