Monday, May 15, 2017

Couch Potato Update

The main TV season is currently winding down, with lots of season finales along with news of renewals/cancellations.  No real surprises to the list of cancellations – most of the stuff being cancelled either should never have aired in the first place or is a long way past it’s prime.  Of the programs I watch (or should I say watched – past tense), other than a couple of half hour comedies that I won’t miss too much the only real disappointment is the cancellation of American Crime.  But again not really a shocker since I knew if had terrible ratings – with some of the serious and depressing subject matter covered, it was much better suited to premium cable than one of the main networks.  But every cloud has a silver lining, so here are some of the summer TV shows to watch out for: the rebooted Twin Peaks (I have never watched the original, but I think I would have liked its originality and uniqueness and so hope the same here), Snowfall (starting seeing some trailers for this – set in the 80s it is about the rise of crack cocaine), Game of Thrones (need I say more), The Tick (I haven’t seen the pilot, but I do like Peter Serafinowicz so I will give this a shot), plus lots of good stuff on Netflix that I will probably miss until such a time (ever?) when I run out of other things to watch.  It looks like summer TV might be relatively quiet, which is good because it will give me a chance to catch up on all my recordings and the many, many films I haven’t got round to watching yet.  I might even get outside a bit if the weather ever improves...  

No comments:

Post a Comment