Saturday, May 6, 2017

Assimilation

For a creature of habit, it is going to take me a while to readjust to my living situation.  From the new location, to the new floor plan, to the strange noises that my house makes, it is not easy and I'm feeling decidedly uncomfortable - especially with most of my stuff still in boxes, so I haven't had the chance to stamp my identity and make it more homely yet.  This is probably clouding my first impressions - until I'm properly settled, I will reserve judgement.  There are definitely more positives than negatives to where I was - but there are negatives, in particular I wasn't expecting my neighbor/landlord and his family to park right outside my place whilst they cement their driveway.  This makes me feel very exposed, because there are lots of windows to look into my place but not many curtains/blinds to give me some privacy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment