Thursday, August 4, 2016

Seafair

It’s Seafair Weekend in Seattle this weekend, and I only know this because I can hear and see the jets flying around over Seattle today from my cube window.  This is an annual tradition, with powerboats on Lake Washington and the Blue Angels (the US version of the Red Arrows) performing, but which I really couldn’t care less about so I’ve never bothered going to.  All it does is remind me of San Diego where I used to work near Miramar Air Base (Top Gun!), so I used to hear jets all the time – and reminds me of how much I miss living and working in San Diego.  There are certain key points in our lifetime which have significant consequences on the rest of our life, for good or bad, and definitely getting laid off and having to move back to the UK from San Diego was a big one for me.  Literally on the day I was laid off, I had a signed lease renewal on me – San Diego is perhaps the only place I’ve ever lived where I actually never wanted to move away from.  So, it is perhaps surprising that I’ve never moved back there since – I’ve had opportunities, but not the right opportunity at the right time.  With the way I’m feeling about work and Seattle at the moment, I hope that might change sometime in the next few years.

These are photos taken whilst I’m actually sitting in my cube – so you get an idea of what I have to look at for 40 hours a week!  Sadly when the jets were a lot closer, by the time I’d got my phone ready they’d already passed by…



No comments:

Post a Comment