Monday, August 8, 2016

Haircut 100

I got my haircut over the weekend.  And once again, the same cycle that I’ve been on now for about 20 years starts again.  Get my hair cut short (4 on top, 2 on back and sides), let it grow out for 3 or 4 months, repeat.  The only difference being that over the last couple of years, I’ve also started to be asked whether I would like my eyebrows trimmed.  Jeez, that makes me feel old.  I go to a Vietnamese barbers not too far away from where I live – a Yelp recommendation that has worked out.  It’s cheap ($14 plus tip) and quick – I guess what I ask for is not complicated!  But a nice little touch is that they use a warm lather straight razor around the neckline.  They also normally finish by vacuuming your head to get rid of any stray hairs, though disappointingly they didn’t use that this time.  And with the language barrier, very rarely engage in any awkward conversation – which is a good thing!  I think I also used to go to a Vietnamese barbers in San Diego, so it must be a particularly popular profession there.  Certainly trust them more than American barbers – once one of them “accidentally” shaved off part of my eyebrow.    

No comments:

Post a Comment