Monday, August 29, 2016

I like driving in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar

My car passed 40,000 miles last weekend.  This is a big deal, because when my last car passed 40K that is when I started to have all kinds of problems with it.  So it may be time to start thinking about a new car – though more likely that is going to be next year.  But I shall definitely be keeping a close eye on how my car is doing – I’m already suffering from occasional transmission issues at low speeds, particularly when going uphill from a stop where my car struggles to find the right gear and seems like it might stall.  This is apparently a known defect of the automatic transmission on my model (thanks Ford!), so not much I can do about it.  And at least the 40,000 miles on this car are all mine – and I’ve been pretty good at driving sensibly and getting regular oil changes and services.  I don’t think I’ve had to get anything like new brakes or new wheels yet – which I’m sure I had to do by this time on my old car – so I’m always a bit worried about something going wrong.  But to be honest, I’m more worried about getting into an accident than any car trouble – such is the number of terrible drivers I regularly encounter on my commute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment